The WEMIN project aims to promote the social inclusion of Μigrant and Refugee women (WRM) of all ages and social background through comprehensive interventions addressing social, cultural, educational and professional aspects. The project addresses women directly and fully involves them in the project through a participatory peer learning approach.
This will be achieved through direct interventions in women populations, experience- sharing and the creation of an online community. The online community will serve WRM as well as tutors, teachers, institutions fostering integration as well as tutors and trainers working in migration and integration.
The online-platform will play a central role in empowering the WEMIN community (MRW and the host communities) in general, while also being a focal point for networking and synergy and supporting peer learning.
Apart from providing relevant material on issues related to integration, the online-platform also aims to enable the creation of a repository of learning objects and artefacts of reflection that will be fed into by the learners themselves by publishing their experiences and allowing them to comment and tag the experience of their peers.
Led by HELLENIC OPEN UNIVERSITY (Greece), WEMIN puts together nine partners including academic institutions, training institutes, and civil society organizations, from eight EU countries – Greece, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Germany and Sweden.
- Hellenic Open University, DAISSy Research Group
- ALDA - European Association for Local Democracy
- Folkuniversitetet Stiftelsen Vid Lunds Universitet
- ifa Akademie
- Oxfam Italia Intercultura Società Cooperativa
- Associação Renovar a Mouraria
- Southside Partnership DLR
- Olympic Training and Consulting Ltd
- Creation of a Good practice guide, to transfer best practices on migrant and refugee women integration in partners’ countries
- Development of communities including migrant and refugee women, and local women from the communities of the partners, who will participate in the project activities and become multipliers within their circles
- Preparing social inclusion through cultural awareness trainings for migrant and refugee women (linguistic, socio-cultural, etc.)
- Empowerment and mentoring sessions for migrant and refugee women by informing them on the educational system and the position of women in the host societies, as well as on available support structure
- Facilitate active participation of MRW through mentoring on opportunities in education, volunteerism, and work
- Participation in activities hand-in-hand with women from local communities to challenge stereotypes on migration (crafts and culture workshops)
- Development of a peer learning online platform, promoting exchange and dialogue, and ensuring the project sustainability
- Wide dissemination of the project activities and outcomes, particularly good practices on migrant and refugee women integration, will raise awareness and promote concrete opportunities for improving our communities throughout Europe
Contact in Germany
ifa Akademie gGmbH
Tel.: +49 711 2225 265
Contact persons are Martin Kilgus and Jelena Nitsch.